Position Description – Group Administrator
Role Description Summary
The role provides personal assistant services to one or more senior executives and administration services across the group. The role requires a team player who can work under general direction, is proactive, positive and enthusiastic and has highly developed verbal and written communications skills. The person will display the highest professional and ethical standards at all times.
Professional Training and Qualifications
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, expert level MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and appropriate qualifications and experience will be required to be successful in the role.
Qualifications in secretarial or business administration or related fields will be regarded favourably.
Employees at this level require only general guidance or direction and act with initiative, discretion and judgment in carrying out their assigned duties. They can provide assistance, guidance and training to other employees by means of personal instruction and demonstration in their areas of responsibility.
Employees at this level have achieved a standard to be able to perform specialised or non-routine tasks or features of the work.
The person will have experience supporting senior executives, preferably in the professional consulting sector, and experience in office support and administration roles. They will demonstrate a willingness to do what is required to ensure the office runs smoothly and administrative support is provided to team members when required. The person will demonstrate a clear understanding of the importance of ensuring confidentiality in handling company information, confidential client information and dealing with sensitive issues with tact and sound judgement. They will demonstrate excellent attention to detail and have advanced computer skills and be proficient in using MS Office 365.
The person will demonstrate excellent time management, working under general direction and prioritising actions. They will have excellent writing and editing skills, including formatting high quality documents for presentation to clients.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Email and calendar management for one or more senior
- Diarising and scheduling meeting actions on behalf of the senior
- Document preparation including formatting, input, drafting, coordinating and finalising for tender submissions, reports, presentations and other
- Assist with business management and financial activities such as preparing invoices, following up payments, purchasing from suppliers and business and financial monitoring and
- Administrative support across the team and business including working closely with Corporate Services
- Arrange travel bookings and itineraries, appointments, responding to invitations and organising meetings or the
- Support for co-ordinating corporate social activities and company events including client meetings, forums and supporting marketing
- Welcoming guests and clients with a warm and professional disposition, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing enquiries to the relevant professional in a proactive and thoughtful
- Check office and meeting rooms are maintained in an orderly fashion and kept presentable for all client and staff
- All tasks within your skills and experience, as directed by the Managing
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and integrated management system requirements (ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 45001 Safety & 14001 Environment).
Lives the core values and contributes to a positive culture.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well and leads by example and sets the highest standard of ethical and professional
- Teamwork: Puts the team’s success ahead of self-interest; exhibits objectiveness and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit and able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Contributes to a strong team culture without creating divisiveness.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner; is comfortable in knowing when to seek and apply advice from other staff and management; gathers and analyses information skilfully and efficiently; develops alternatives; works well in group problem solving situations and uses reason when dealing with emotive issues/topics.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer requirements; listens and understands customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments and builds relationships with clients and exercises sound judgement when dealing with clients.
- Business Acumen: Seeks to understand business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; understands the need for confidentiality in business transactions and exercises sound judgement in dealing with staff and clients.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies written style to meet audience needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control and remains open to others’ ideas and new ways of doing things. Treats others with respect and is ethical and honest in all dealings; openly shares knowledge and learning for the benefit of other staff and in developing personally.
- Oral Communications: Speaks well, clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarifications; is capable of assisting in large workshops and working groups with people with mixed skills, expertise and conflicting objectives; demonstrates group presentation skills and public speaking skills; contributes to meetings and chairs meetings effectively. Is balanced in approach.