Shepparton Arts Museum (SAM)
The new Shepparton Art Museum (SAM) building will be a 5,300 m2 five-storey building located on the south-eastern corner of Victoria Park Lake and will house a new Museum, Visitor Centre, and the Kaiela Art Gallery and Studio. This new facility will also house a café and event space, with a roof top viewing deck.
The new Shepparton Art Museum (SAM) is much more than an art gallery, it is a community space. The 5,300m2 five-storey building is located on the southeastern corner of Victoria Park Lake and houses a new Museum, Visitor Centre, and the Kaiela Art Gallery and Studio.
The new museum will:
• be an inspiring, community hub to meet and socialise;
• present contemporary, international exhibitions of relevance to diverse cultural communities;
• provide opportunities to learn, be challenged, think about, emotionally engage with and make art;
• provide a home for Kaiela Arts to present Indigenous art and support local Indigenous artists;
• support local artists in the development and presentation of their art;
• provide engaging experiences of nature and art in the areas surrounding the Victoria Park Lake Precinct; and
• be a permanent home for the Visitor Centre and an exciting entrance for visitors to Shepparton.
Working alongside Council’s project management team, Ontoit’s role encompasses project management establishment, contract management, stakeholder consultation and project reporting tasks.