Position Description – Consultant
Position Description – Consultant
Role Description Summary
The role requires a person who is self-motivated, resilient, and eager to learn. The person will be calm under pressure and enjoy working on complex projects in high performing teams.
Professional Training and Qualifications
Is degree qualified and/or has training and experience in accounting, finance, commerce, transport planning, law, engineering, arts, architecture, business, construction management, project management or similar fields related to the operations of the business.
Experience and Sector Exposure
The person preferably has experience managing projects in their own right, under the guidance of more experienced staff. Will have had an exposure to one or more of the core business sectors the company operates in and can work autonomously to plan and manage their workload. The personal may have co-ordinated teams with diverse skills sets and worked with or in Government, a private sector asset owner and/or as consultant advising clients on projects. The role requires an effective communicator and the desire to learn new skills and acquire expertise to operate across multiple sectors.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Is accountable for:
- managing projects, reporting accurately on projects;
- the quality of work and deliverables produced;
- identifying leads to support business development functions;
- communicating effectively with peers, the executive and clients; and
- collaborate with staff, suppliers and the executive to deliver high quality services.
Is responsible for:
- exercising the right level of judgement to seek support from and providing direction to staff;
- developing client relationships;
- contributing to a positive company culture; and
- complying with Company policies, procedures and integrated management system requirements (ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 45001 Safety & 14001 Environment).
Lives the core values and contributes to a positive culture.
- Managing People: On projects, contributes to planning and process improvement; fosters quality focus in others; continually seeks to improve project team performance and motivates professionals and specialist technical experts on project teams to achieve positive project outcomes. Addresses customer feedback and continually seeks to improve products and services.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well and leads by example and sets the highest standard of ethical and professional conduct. Aspires to develop leadership skills and works to attain a position as a leader on projects.
- Teamwork: Puts the team’s success ahead of self-interest; exhibits objectiveness and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit and able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Contributes to a strong team culture without creating divisiveness.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner; is comfortable in knowing when to seek and apply advice from other staff and management; gathers and analyses information skilfully and efficiently; develops alternatives; works well in group problem solving situations and uses reason when dealing with emotive issues/topics.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer requirements; listens and understands customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments and builds relationships with clients and exercises sound judgement when dealing with clients.
- Business Acumen: Seeks to understand business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies written style to meet audience needs; presents numerical data effectively; reads and interprets technical reports and advice succinctly and communicates key issues effectively.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control and remains open to others’ ideas and new ways of doing things. Treats others with respect and is ethical and honest in all dealings; openly shares knowledge and learning for the benefit of other staff and in developing personally.
- Oral Communications: Speaks well, clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarifications; is capable of assisting in large workshops and working groups with people with mixed skills, expertise and conflicting objectives; demonstrates group presentation skills and public speaking skills; contributes to meetings and chairs meetings effectively. Is balanced in approach.
- Strategic Thinking: Helps develop strategies to achieve project and organisation goals. Thinks outside the square and questions the status quo.