Bids & Marketing Coordinator Position Description
Bids & Marketing Coordinator Position Description
Role Description Summary
The role supports the Bids and Marketing team by coordinating the development of proposals, providing administrative functions for the team, producing marketing and bid documents, maintaining marketing and proposal collateral and assisting the manager to implement the marketing plan.
To be effective in this role, the individual needs to be a strong team player who can work with only general guidance or direction and act with initiative, discretion and judgment in carrying out their assigned duties. The role requires a person who is proactive in initiating communication with staff, who is positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated and has highly developed verbal and written communications skills, while displaying the highest professional and ethical standards at all times.
The role requires the person to have an interest in marketing, communications and bids and marketing activities for growing the professional services business of the firm.
Professional Training and Qualifications
A certificate in administration or higher qualification, or formal training in marketing, communications, office management and administration is advantageous. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and experience in desktop publishing software is essential, with official Training Certifications providing an advantage.
Experience and Sector Exposure
The person will have experience supporting senior executives and managing and co-ordinating administrative functions. They will demonstrate a clear understanding of the importance of ensuring confidentiality in handling company information, confidential client information and dealing with sensitive issues with tact and sound judgement. The person will have advanced computer skills using:
- Microsoft Office suite and be proficient in using MS Office 365, SharePoint, Visio;
- Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and Photoshop
The person will demonstrate excellent time management skills, working under general direction and prioritising actions.
The person will have excellent writing and editing skills and an eye for detail, including the ability to produce high quality documents for presentation to clients.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Proposal process management and preparation of professional services bid documents, presentations, marketing collateral, award submissions, and other large documents.
- Co-ordinate client interactions and bids and marketing actions across the business under the direction of the Bids and Marketing Manager.
- Maintain currency of proposal inputs and marketing collateral such as case studies, staff curricula vitae and profiles, project profiles and certificates.
- Monitoring the use of company templates and procedures for corporate and professional documents and actively advocating for and seeking staff compliance with their use.
- Maintenance of the CRM database with project, client, and other data.
- Managing and maintaining the physical and electronic filing and document control system and the SharePoint intranet and extranet systems.
- Assist the Manager Bids and Marketing in maintaining the company website and intranet.
- Provide administrative support for the Bids and Marketing
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on budget and business metrics for bids and marketing.
- Comply with Company policies, procedures and integrated management system requirements (ISO 9001 Quality, ISO 45001 Safety & 14001 Environment).
- All tasks within your skills and experience, as directed by the Bids and Marketing Manager.
Lives the core values and contributes to a positive culture.
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well, leads by example and sets the highest standard of ethical and professional conduct.
- Teamwork: Puts the team’s success ahead of self-interest; exhibits objectiveness and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit and able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Contributes to a strong team culture without creating divisiveness.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues in a timely manner; is comfortable in knowing when to seek and apply advice from other staff and management; gathers and analyses information skilfully and efficiently; develops alternatives; works well in group problem solving situations and uses reason when dealing with emotive issues/topics.
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer requirements; listens and understands customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments, builds relationships with clients and exercises sound judgement when dealing with clients.
- Business Acumen: Seeks to understand business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; understands the need for confidentiality in business transactions and exercises sound judgement in dealing with staff and clients.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies written style to meet audience needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control and remains open to others’ ideas and new ways of doing things. Treats others with respect and is ethical and honest in all dealings; openly shares knowledge and learning for the benefit of other staff and in developing personally.
- Oral Communications: Speaks well, clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarifications; is capable of assisting in large workshops and working groups with people with mixed skills, expertise and conflicting objectives; demonstrates group presentation skills and public speaking skills; contributes to meetings and chairs meetings effectively. Is balanced in approach.